Sunday, August 05, 2012

Why criticize others

Who are you to criticize someone else's servant? The Lord will determine whether his servant has been successful. The servant will be successful because the Lord makes him successful - Romans 14:4 (God's Word).

Very often it is easy to complaint about the practice of this church and that church. We may say that church pastor do not teach Scriptures well, another one do not lead songs well. Or we may even say the pastor do not relate with his church members well. The list could go on.

Normally we are tempted to think that way.

But this afternoon, my friends and I were reminded of this verse from Romans 14:4. That struck us because sometimes we are critical of many people. Based on this passage, I should not say bad things about another servant. Jesus is their master, not me or anyone.

This provided a good perspective.

What I think I could do when we feel like complaining about another person or ministry, first pray for them. Talk with them if necessary.

No comments: