Monday, August 06, 2012

To Ahwa of Dangs District

Today we traveled a long distance,  149 km. Arrived after changing three buses.
Vapi -(61 km) - Chikli - (36 km) - Bansda - (52 km) - Ahwa

Ahwa is located at 424 metre above sea level. Its hilly and densely forested area. So on our way to this town I felt like close to my home village.
  • Forest: I am seeing so many trees after several months. In fact, we need to pass through the Bansda National Park. The road from Bansda to Ahwa is filled with trees and green vegetation. I felt quite happy to see the greenery again.
  • Mountains: Till Bansda the roads are just plain. But the Dangs district has beautiful hills and mountains. Mountains were good reminders to King David of God's constant protection to Israel. Today I am reminded about that passage of Scripture.
  • Rivers: Its been raining these days. The rivers are swollen and we see no clear water. There seems to be lots of fish. I saw many women fishing with their nets. 
  • Cold weather: After spending humid climate in Vapi, which is a coastal city, now we enjoy a cool and refreshing environment. A friend told us there are not much sickness in this town.
Below are few photos I have taken along the way.








No comments: