Sunday, August 12, 2012

Drawn Irresistibly by Holy Spirit

And now I am going to Jerusalem, drawn there irresistibly by the Holy Spirit, not knowing what awaits me - Acts 20:22 NLT.

I read this at Bardoli and the statement captured my attention.

Paul knew exactly he must go to Jerusalem. That's what the Holy Spirit told him. And he has been heading there fast as he could - not even taking time to visit to Ephesus. But he did not know what will happen there. He just have a hint that he might suffer.

Someone told me "God never reveals the whole game plan. He does one step at a time." Perhaps Paul was going through similar experiences. He needed to go to Jerusalem to find out what's there.

In our day today decisions, hunch feelings are not highly respected, particularly "more" important ones. Rational, step by step thinking, thinking through is expected and needed.

For followers of Jesus Christ, this type of experience might occur to us. Sometimes he will expect his followers to just obey him, not sure what's next. I think that's where the test is - to be able to respond to him.

Here is a strong urge and convictions. When such occasion arise, its time to act.


No comments: