Friday, October 16, 2015

Carpenters

About this time last year I desperately needed a working table and I went to at least three carpenters/workshops at Miao. Two works from home and another in a workshop.

 

For the first time I observed a common characteristic among them was unhurried approach. They explained slowly and clearly. They would think slowly and speak. They were very calm and very systematic. And without doubt they wanted to take sufficient time to complete making the table – minimum one month. Finally I settled down to a person who promised to do within two weeks and paid my advance.

 

Then I thought every job requires a particular type of people and temperament to be effective. Those carpenters are really good in their profession, but may perform poorly in others.

 

Another reminder for me to position myself in areas I am good. And I should focus in them.

No comments: