Monday, August 17, 2015

Memory from today's journey

On the way back for the first time I waited about one and a half hours for the boat to take me across the river. Normally it took about 20 minutes. Today the river is flooded. Moreover it was time for the naoria (boat drivers) to cook and eat lunch.

Other than to cross the river, I didn’t have other plans. So to pass time I spent creatively.

·         Took off my shoes and walked on sands barefoot up and down the bank.

·         Picked up sands and made balls and then throw on the river.

·         Selected smaller pebbles and threw the targets.

·         River was just rising, so made cannels.

·         Washed my motorcycle (after over a month!).

Photo: The boat used to cross over the river ND

There was one thing I did that I would remember for a long time: I lied down on the boat – not comfortable but a fun experience.

Then out of the blue, “Jesus slept on the boat during the storm” came to memory.

I have not thought of any lessons so far, but what helped was that particular exercise brought the story of Jesus alive to me. I look forward to many more such experiences.

No comments: