Thursday, June 05, 2014

Following footprints

4 June 2014

 

Yesterday three of us went to the District Headquarters of Changlang District to register our motorbikes. The road was far, about 120km/3.5 hrs ride. Unfortunately, the concerned authorities were not in office. They have gone to Jairampur to check vehicles and also to do on spot registration.

 

On our way back there was heavy rainfall that made the semi-muddy road slippery. I noticed that when my fellow travelers went ahead of me, they left behind a clear print of the tyres. I thought, they don’t see those prints but I see them very well. And I don’t see my own prints behind me.

 

This reminded me of a passage from the Bible: Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ (I Corinthians 11:1, ASV). A simplified version of this verse says, Do as I do, for I am doing as Christ did. Other people clearly see what we do. They can easily see them. Words may cheat others and us, but not our action!

No comments: