Saturday, March 01, 2014

Impressions at Miao

Since we arrived at Miao on 17 January 2014, I have visited several shops and felt the prices are overcharged. For example,

·        I bought top up for my airtel mobile for Rs 100 and I got only for Rs 76 as talk time value. Again I bought full talk time value of Rs 130 but actually they charged another 10 rupees.

·        One day I was having some friends coming along to cut grass on my small plot of land and on the way bought a 2 liter bottle of sprite. The MRP was Rs 68 but actually charged Rs 75!

·        Another shocking experience was photocopying. A copy was charged Rs 10. I thought that shop was overcharging but then later found out other shops too take the same amount.

·        A bottle of petrol is Rs 100.

·        25 sheets of A4 size is Rs 20!

 

In contrast, the local produce are cheap.

·        One kg beef is 100.

·        3 bundles of green leaves Rs 10.

·        Potato 15 rs.

·        Generally, all green vegetables produced by local people are sold at cheaper price.

 

My impression: Whatever goods and services brought from Tinsukia, Margherita, Jagun, Dimapur and other places are sold in higher rates than it should be. Whereas, the goods that are local available have not take their due advantage of getting higher profit.

No comments: