Friday, December 06, 2013

Position for a cause

For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?” (Esther 4:14, NIV)

Amazing words from Mordecai to Queen Esther when the order to kill the Jews was passed. He urges her its time for her to stand for her people. There is a time to remain silent and a time to be assertive and raise voice.

Good reminder for us to reflect why we are placed in the position we are in. Perhaps for a reason.

Esther in this story took up. She risked her life as the following text showed.

Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai: “Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my attendants will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish.” (Esther 4:15, 15, NIV).

We all know the ending. Because of this act of Esther, the whole tribe of Jews were spared.

No comments: