Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Indian Parliament

Usually I don't like to watch Parliament proceedings. It is always a mess. But this time I keep myself abreast of what's happening because there is one Constitutional Amendment that I am interested in. 

I keep wondering why our top leaders are so messy. They are completely not gentle, they are very much like drunkards near the liquor shops. One is speaking, another shouting or protesting. 

Yesterday I watch a 20 minutes clip of the Lok Sabha discussion. I felt very sad for the Speaker Meira Kumar who has to deal with less than childlike behaviour.

Today I read The Hindu (21 August 2013) report, "The Weekly Infographic: Parliament's performance report". Below is an abstract:
The 15th Lok Sabha, elected in 2009, is on its way to becoming the least deliberative in history: it has passed the least number of bills. Excluding the Monsoon 2013 session (ongoing), it planned for 380 bills but passed only 149, a "pass" percentage of 39%.

No comments: