Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Trimmed trees - a lesson

Unkempt silver trees


Trimmed trees.



Our office campus is filled with beautiful trees and plants. Occasionally, the gardener cleans them. Here in the pictures some of those trees were trimmed off the unnecessary offshoots. Some have not completed cleaning. 

This reminds me a few thoughts:
  • I could feel a sense of refreshment with those trees. I "planned" almost daily to cut my hair and it went on for about two weeks. Only about two weeks ago, I could visit saloon. 
  • Once in every month, it is necessary for all our office staff to clean our table. Sometimes 15 minutes, other times few hours depending on the need to clean. The rationale: "A cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind". 
  • In April my colleague went for a 10 day vacation to refresh up. Also I met a scientist who takes a month every year to visit new places, out of her usual work. 
If I learned a lesson from these trees is this: Refreshment time for our body, heart and soul should be planned.


No comments: