Thursday, May 30, 2013

To boast when Jesus Comes


2 Corinthians 1:13 – 14 (NLT)
“… I hope some day you will fully understand us, even if you don’t fully understand us now. Then on the day when our Lord Jesus comes back again, you will be proud of us in the same way we are proud of you”.
Beginning this month I heard a message by Bangalore-based Bible teacher, Zac Poonen, on the books of Corinthians. He said the first letter deals with church problems and the other on the person of the minister of God. So for the first time in my life I am reading the book of second Corinthians with that perspective.

What Paul the author of this letter said - Corinthians will be proud of Paul and Paul will be proud of the Corinthians. He did not say he will be proud he taught them over a year, nor he had planted the church among them. None of those, but on the persons who will appear before Christ.

This helped think the few areas I am involved:
  • I work with my colleagues in various projects, but I cannot be proud that we did so many things together. Rather how I have build my friends for becoming a better person in Christ. The encouragement I gave, the support, the opportunity, the love I could share that made him/her a person that God wants him/her.
  • Simasa and I have an eight month girl and expecting another in August/September. We will be completely miss the whole point of parenting if we failed to show them the life beyond this world. We should not be stuck with the early blessings we’ll leave behind for them.



No comments: