Thursday, May 16, 2013

Kaizen

A Christian came to share a devotion with us about 3 months ago. He challenged us to be focused in what we do. There were some more that he shared, but I don't remember most of what he said. What I remember most is an introductory thought he mentioned: KAIZEN.

I learned that it is a business word that originates from Japan -- used for continuous improvement in anything we do. This has challenged me in many ways. So I am trying and reflecting different areas.

  • I edit prayer points for our organization corporate prayer. Since I heard that I make sure that we implement at least 5 to 6 improvements each month. This has picked up well.
  • I try my best to write each email better than the last one I wrote. 
  • I encourage my colleague to come up with 5 improvements in a report we share every quarter.
I am grateful to that Christian leader who share this concept. And this has left me with deep impression and this is going to be a useful mindset in my life.

I browsed internet and I found this link has a good description in brief.

No comments: