Sunday, September 16, 2012

Maintain good health

These days I receive repeated messages from many friends about a need to take good care of our body.

Last Wednesday, a friend a workshop taught us the ways to prevent becoming a victim of Diabetes. He indicated that most of cases on Diabetes is based on lifestyle. We need to make care we try our best to prevent ourselves.

Today while in church, I talked an elderly man who recently retired from a lifetime of teaching. While he was young he did lots of teaching in computers. He was zealous and did incessantly. After teaching over a decade he had a major blow in his body. He did not feel the sensations in his leg. Doctor had to force him to hospitalize for three months. He advised me to take care of health while still young.

About two months a good, I read an email from a veteran Bible translator. He suffered stroke two times. Now he could hardly move his hands to do translation. He pleaded translation colleagues to care of health while there is still time.

In this connection, I need to revive the need to do regular exercise and watch out for my diet while still there is time.

No comments: